The Easy Way to Get a Social Security Statement for Taxes


Evgeny Atamanenko /

It’s that time of year again, time to gather the documents you need for filing your federal income taxes. If you receive Social Security retirement benefits, you’ll need a copy of your latest annual Social Security Benefit Statement, also known as Form SSA-1099 (or Form SSA-1042S for nonresident aliens). It includes the amount of benefits you received last year, which you must report on your…

Read More